Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008

Zu guter Letzt

(I am so, so sorry. I thought because all other blogs were due by midnight on the day of a written exam, I did not even look up the final due date of the last blog post assuming it was due on Monday. Also, the book said the professor would choose the language of the post so I am just going with English because that is the language of the instructions) Honestly, this course has not done anything for my greater understanding of other cultures because I feel that a lot of the information presented to me was primarily something I already experienced having so many German friends (particularly in Durham) with whom I speak a lot about culture. In addition, I hang around such a diverse group of people, I feel that my identity has already been greatly influenced from knowing Native Americans, Europeans, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, Asians, Africans, etc. If anything has impacted my identity, it would have already been my parents who are reserved and fulfill some of the German stereotypes presented in "Auf Geht's." In addition, being an African studies major already places me in several classes which serve to make me question my own identity, probably more so than my German classes, because I am experiencing cultures so different from mine where as German culture is pretty similar, although seemingly much more quiet.

Keine Kommentare: